Are you looking to join a supportive team?
We’re on the lookout for a dynamic lawyer who doesn’t take themselves too seriously but can provide advice that is seriously useful to our clients.
Due to recent business growth, we are looking for an experienced, dynamic corporate/commercial lawyer to join our close-knit team. The role will include providing general commercial legal advice to our clients across a wide range of industries, including in the technology, professional services, sporting and automotive sectors. The role will not involve any litigation work.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a wide variety of legal work in a supportive and flexible work environment, as well as the chance to actively contribute to the direction and growth of our innovative firm. It also creates a genuine opportunity for the right person to gain valuable in-house counsel experience.
Who we are looking for
- Ideally PQE 5-7 years, but a minimum of 3 years
- Significant experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial business contracts
- Expertise in consumer law, intellectual property, privacy and IT contracts will be viewed very favourably
- A proven record of working effectively in fast-moving environments
- The ability to think commercially about legal advice and find simple, practical solutions to non-standard issues
- The willingness to deliver work that doesn’t exceed client needs – yes that’s right! We respect our clients and make sure we give them only what they need. We do not over complicate.
- Experience in advising clients on consumer law issues
- The ability not to take yourself too seriously
- An unrestricted Australian legal practising certificate.
The following will be highly regarded but are not essential:
- Experience working in an in-house legal team
- Experience in assisting clients in corporate transactions, including investment and business acquisitions.
- Part-time or full-time: anything between 3-5 days
- Salary: $90k-120k + Super, Full-Time Equivalent, based on experience
- Location – we work from the client’s premises, our offices and from home. Our office at Hub Parliament Station is Melbourne’s premier co-working destination. It has great natural light, spectacular views, parks nearby and excellent coffee on tap
If you think you can manage working flexibly while providing first class strategic corporate and commercial advice, to a diverse range of businesses, then we’d love to hear from you. Fill out the contact form or apply here.